Who we are
Sunamp Limited will be the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us and the processing activities we describe below.
We are subject to differing data protection regimes of the jurisdictions in which we operate. This policy reflects the UK General Data Protection Regulation standard of protection for personal information. In countries where data protection regimes differ significantly to the UK standard, elements of this policy may not apply, for example individuals’ rights in relation to their personal information, and this policy does not establish rights or obligations which are additional to those prescribed in the applicable local data protection law.
We want to offer you a means of contacting the right people in our organisation as easily as possible. If you have any questions about your personal data or our privacy notice please contact email@example.com or write to Sunamp Ltd, 1 Satellite Park, East Lothian, EH33 IRY. You are welcome to contact any of our offices directly.
Contact details of our Data Protection Officer
Sunamp Data Protection Officer
Sunamp Ltd, 1 Satellite Park, East Lothian, EH33 IRY
What we need
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- basic personal data about you including name, address, email, telephone number, country, zip code/postcode.
- bank and financial information if we are setting up a contract with you or conducting a credit worthiness evaluation.
- product information, test results, evaluations, water metering and usage and billing information so we can provide support if you or your supplier contacts us in relation to a product enquiry or warranty or you are part of a trial or case study and we are testing and reviewing products and services.
Why we collect your data and where your data comes from
We process your personal information so we can manage your relationship with us, respond to your enquiries, deal with questions about our products, services, maintenance, sales, customer service, information relating to the product trials we conduct, installations, suppliers, product warranty, marketing and recommending products and services.
We need your basic personal data in order to provide you with information about our services in accordance with our contract. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
We would also like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties unless you give us your informed consent to share the information with them and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone or email. By completing the contact form on our website you are confirming you would like to receive information from us.
You may also provide us with your contact details because you have met with one of our team at an event, conference or exhibition (either in person or virtually). We will contact you based on the consent you give us at the time we meet or interact.
If you purchased a Sunamp product which included a warranty from us, we will need your contact details so we can support you should you need support under that warranty. If you don’t complete and return the warranty card, we may not be able to help you.
We may receive information from suppliers and installers about our products and services which you have purchased from them. This may be to support you or them with service issues or general enquiries. We may also receive information about you where you have participated in field trials or case studies or as part of training we offer.
We always seek to minimise the information we ask for to what is needed to perform the relevant function or service at the time.
If you are using our website, please see our Cookies Policy for information about what cookies we use on our website and how you can change your cookie preferences.
The purposes we use to process your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. This means when we have a lawful basis to do so. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we are required to complete or perform a contract with you. For example, we are complying with our obligations under a contract.
- In certain circumstances, we process your data where there is a legitimate interest to do so. This is where the processing of your personal information is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which is reasonably expected as part of running our business, but which is not detrimental to you and would have minimal impact on your privacy. We undertake an assessment of any potential impact on your privacy before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We process your personal data because we need to verify the accuracy of the data we hold about you, to conduct research and field trials, to comply with the terms of a product warranty, to comply with our obligations for grants and investments and where we need to manage queries or complaints or legal proceedings. We also process information from job applicants and monitor our recruitment. If you are applying for a position at Sunamp please read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for more details.
- You have given us your consent for marketing activities to contact you by email with marketing information about our products and services and to be kept informed with our regular newsletter and company updates.
- You have given us your consent to pass your contact details to a commercial partner, supplier, installer who may be able to help you directly with your enquiry.
- Where there is a legal requirement so we can comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights.
What we do with your data
We share your personal data within our group of companies. This will involve transferring your data outside the UK.
All the personal data we hold is processed by our staff in the UK and Switzerland and we may need to transfer your information to other Sunamp companies or service providers in countries outside the UK (for example in the United States of America and Canada) where
(i) you make enquiries about our products or services and we ask for your consent to share your information with one of our international commercial partners to contact you; or (ii) you have a product warranty claim and we need to transfer some information to enable us to fulfil our obligations under the product warranty. For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers in the UK, EU, USA and Asia. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law or our contract with you or the consent you have provided us, allows them to do so. We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to know the information for a specified purpose. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If we send your information to a country outside the UK we will make sure that your information is properly protected. We will ensure there are appropriate safeguards in place before transferring your personal information. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
How long we keep your data
We keep your data for the length of time agreed upon in our contract with you, or only for so long as we need it to provide support to you, after which time they will be deleted. If you have consented to future communications, your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
If you would like more details on our retention schedule please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your rights?
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
You can object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and we will automatically comply with your request. If you would like to do so, please email or write to us.
The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information; to restrict the processing of your personal information; to object to the processing of your personal information and ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation or to you. Note, we may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Where we rely on our legitimate business interests as the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes if you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, by emailing or writing to us. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise, we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact email@example.com and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Here is a link to the ICO website with details on how you can contact them.