HVAC Controls EngineerEast Lothian
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Job Location: East Lothian
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose: As a Controls Engineer with us you will be involved in product and engineering controls for all Sunamp products and for specific Sunamp HVAC packages and projects, product documentation, applications, product controls development, and regulatory code compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be:
- designing and developing new control systems to deliver algorithms to optimise charging times to optimise the running of the Sunamp Heat Battery, the package it is working with and the energy tariff.
- design and develop control systems to optimise the running of all Sunamp products
- testing, maintaining and improving existing systems
- writing computer software code and test procedures
- Perform complex installation, testing, upgrades, start-up/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electronic components in accordance with industry standards.
- working collaboratively with internal design engineers, project managers and other internal staff
- liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- providing controls to projects within cost and time constrained environments
- understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- analysing data and presenting findings in written reports, creating content for engineering documentation for distribution to internal and external customers.
- Works safely and promotes a safe work environment for others.
Skill and Competency Requirements
- Excellent and clear communication skills
- Ability to work to strict timeframes whilst collaborating with external project partners.
- Sound working knowledge of HVAC systems within a built environment and or utility demand side management
- Battery systems applications engineering, design, testing and installation supervision background desired.
- Ability to produce concise and clear reporting on testing data.
- Bachelor degree in Controls, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5 years of experience in HVAC and/or mechanical control systems
- 3 years of experience with AutoCAD or equivalent tool, Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Project Management methodologies
We are so proud of our success to day but even more excited about what lies ahead. As part of our team you will enjoy an excellent package as well as an extra day off for your birthday, free fruit and continuous development.
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position