Based on the understanding that the world uses over twice as much heat as electricity, Sunamp thermal batteries help tackle climate change by storing energy as heat and releasing it when and where it is needed.
Sunamp heat batteries are energy-saving thermal stores with Plentigrade at their core.
Plentigrade is our high-performance phase change technology platform that delivers heating or cooling reliably, safely and efficiently.
Our breakthrough phase change material (PCM) formulation is successfully transforming how we use energy and provide heat around the world.
How our Plentigrade P58 phase change material makes hot water
Plentigrade is the remarkable PCM inside our thermal batteries which absorbs and releases thermal energy during a melting and freezing process in a similar way to the gel in a pocket handwarmer.
- PCMs absorb, store and release large amounts of latent heat when changing state between solid and liquid. Heat is absorbed on melting and released on freezing
- Melting and freezing our Plentigrade P58 PCM formulation stores up to four times more energy than heating and cooling hot water
- A high-powered heat exchanger or heating element immersed in our patented PCM rapidly charges the thermal battery. Heat is just as quickly extracted, and in our Thermino products, provides fresh, mains pressure hot water at a constant temperature only when it’s needed
- Reliable, safe, non-toxic, non-flammable
- Lowers energy use and carbon emissions